Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Every man is an island

How does one describe happiness? What makes us feel happy? Can the same thing that makes me happy make you happy too? Does it need efforts to be happy? Is it difficult to be happy?

I was watching a World Cup match at home a few weeks ago. Interestingly, unlike many other women my wife has interest in football. It was an exhilarating and enjoyable match…extremely thrilling football. I wanted my wife to be a company in watching the match. I did tell her to come and watch the match. But, she had other works…other priority. So, it was me alone watching the match. I could have told her how badly I wanted her company, but decided against it.

You must be wondering about my logic! Well, she is another individual. If she has other priorities, it is my responsibility to respect it. It’s not only my want that is important, her desire is equally important too. I know, when she reads this she would say I should have told her. Women are like that. They want to be conquered, vanquished; they want to be told. You will have to tell her that you love her. May be you express it every moment hundred other way, yet she needs spoken confirmation. Nevertheless, I felt happy watching the game. I would have been happier had she given me company. You see, it is not difficult to be happy.

Did you ever felt like me? Did you have ever experienced the frustration when the only desire you have is to talk your heart out, but the person you want to talk to is too busy with other issues. At some point of time every man is an island…. surrounded by a sea of people. But, gradually one learns to enjoy life alone, with himself. The actual problem starts then when all you need to be happy is yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Ekla Chalo re...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happiness is like the horizon.. yu can see it ..never reach. while you are in that happy moment, you may not recognize it... buit live life and do things that make you happy.Do you know what makes your wife happy? do you know what makes you happy?

    ReplyDelete