Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Another Bandh

The speculations started yesterday with people asking each other - will the bandh be successful; though actually they wanted to know whether they are getting a paid holiday or not.
I have been flouting bandhs since I can remember; not because I was a well-informed or concerned about the ill effects of badh, but mainly because I couldn't and still cannot accept a few people with their own agenda restricting my free will and movement; how hard they try to rationalise their act. I still think bandhs do not serve any fruitful purpose are a tool for show of strength only.
Three years ago a few bandh 'enforcers' (who were the inventor of bandhs in this part of the country) smashed the windscreen of my car. That cost me a lot of hard-earned money and hassles. This time I decided not to take my car to office. May be I am growing old, or may be I am becoming wise.
The attendence in my office was 100% as always. Train movements were affected at Rangiya in Assam where the MLA is from CPM; the party which is sponsoring the bandh. I called up my uncle who is a CPM's MLA from Sarbhog and jokingly asked why was he lagging behind while his collegue from Rangiya can show such a strength. He missed the cue and started seriously explaining how they have planned to block rail movement at major stations like Bongaigaon and Rangiya only. I did not press hard to explain him the joke.
This bandh, he said was against the price rise and failure of the Central Govt (of which CPM was a part till a few days ago) to check inflation. I could not understand how a bandh is going to help in checking inflation or price rise; probably because we were not tought this kind of economics in college. We were taught, lack of production and income generation typical of a bandh day actually creats inflationary pressure affecting the supply chain. But then, CPM's economics is different and taught only to party whole-timers only.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the best information and suggestions, I love your content, and they are very nice and very useful to us. If you are looking for the best inconel 625 bolts,then fastenersonline.I appreciate the work you have put into this.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I read your blogs on a regular basis. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it up! Thank You for Providing Such a Unique and valuable information, If you are looking for the best Incoloy 800 Pipe, then visit Oshwin Overseas.I enjoyed this blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for suggesting good list. I appreciate your work this is really helpful for everyone. Get more information at ss 310 plate. Keep posting such useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the best information and suggestions, I love your content, and they are very nice and very useful to us. If you are looking for the best 904l Plate, then visit Tarang Steel. I appreciate the work you have put into this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for suggesting good list. I appreciate your work this is really helpful for everyone. Get more information at Duplex Steel Sheet. Keep posting such useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is awfully appealing. I am contented with your post. I regularly read your blog and its very helpful. If you are looking for the best 316L Stainless Steel Seamless Pipe, then visit Great steel & metals. Thanks! I enjoyed this blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your contents are completely awesome and share worthy. I really appreciate your efforts that you put on this. Keep sharing. For more ss threaded rod manufacturers in india related information visit nickelalloysonline

    ReplyDelete